What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is a lifestyle characterized by safe, effective exercise and sound nutrition. CrossFit can be used to accomplish any goal, from improved health to weight loss to better performance. The program works for everyone — people who are just starting out and people who have trained for years. No matter what your current fitness level is, you can start CrossFit. As you become fitter, workouts will become more challenging.
Every workout is designed to help you succeed, improve fitness and move you toward your goals. In addition to starting a world-class fitness program, becoming a “CrossFitter” means you are part of a fitness network with thousands of other CrossFit affiliates and athletes around the world! The community is the magic of CrossFit and what keeps athletes motivated to keep pushing!
The Workout of the Day (WOD)
Our foundational class offering, each WOD begins with a comprehensive warmup, soft tissue, and stretching section dedicated to getting your body ready to move. A strength section commonly follows, focused on building muscle in one or more places in the body. This is also where our coaches work with athletes on their lifting and gymnastics skills and technique. Classes finish with a conditioning section or “WOD,” getting athletes moving at a more intense pace and working up a sweat. Classes are customized for all experience and ability levels by our career coaches. We recommend a minimum of 3 WOD classes per week to see consistent results.
We offer a variety of classes that round out our CrossFit WOD classes with specialized accessory, skill, and recovery work. Our current Specialty Classes include Strength, Barbell Buddies, Skills & Drills, Cardio Club, Peak Fitness, Mobility and Yoga.
- Strength is a customized class that focuses on strength-building movements through a variety of slow lifts (pushing, pulling, and squatting), dynamic lifts (Olympic lifts), strength complexes, and accessory exercises.
- Barbell Buddies, our Olympic lifting class, is designed to enhance athlete’s technique and performance of the Snatch, Clean & Jerk, and their auxiliary lifts.
- Our Skills & Drills class is where we break down complicated gymnastics movements and other advanced fitness skills and make them accessible to achieve.
- Cardio Club focuses on building aerobic capacity through interval training and building towards specific goals like a 1 mile run, 5k race time, 2k row, and more.
- Peak Fitness offers high intensity, functional movement programming with a focus on plyometrics, max effort cardio efforts, and work with kettlebells and dumbbells.
- Yoga classes, along with Mobility classes, focus on breath work and recovery- a necessity for athletes!
A self-guided training time where athletes can utilize The Power House’s world-class facility to work through programming of their choice and do targeted work to reach their athletic goals. TPH staff will be present to assist each participant as required and ensure safety at all times. Athletes must adhere to all existing class protocols regarding space use, cleaning processes, and time limits.