What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is a lifestyle characterized by safe, effective exercise and sound nutrition. CrossFit can be used to accomplish any goal, from improved health to weight loss to better performance. The program works for everyone — people who are just starting out and people who have trained for years. No matter what your current fitness level is, you can start CrossFit. As you become fitter, workouts will become more challenging.
Every workout is designed to help you succeed, improve fitness and move you toward your goals. In addition to starting a world-class fitness program, becoming a “CrossFitter” means you are part of a fitness network with thousands of other CrossFit affiliates and athletes around the world! The community is the magic of CrossFit and what keeps athletes motivated to keep pushing!
Our foundational class offering, each CrossFit class begins with a comprehensive warmup, soft tissue, and stretching section dedicated to getting your body ready to move. A strength section commonly follows, focused on building muscle in one or more places in the body. This is also where our coaches work with athletes on their movement skills and technique. Classes finish with a conditioning section or “Workout of the Day (WOD),” getting athletes moving at a more intense pace and working up a serious sweat. Classes are customized for all experience and ability levels by our career coaches. We recommend a minimum of 3 WOD classes per week to see consistent results.
We offer a variety of classes that round out our CrossFit WOD classes with specialized accessory, skill, and recovery work. Our current Specialty Classes include Strength, Barbell Buddies, Cardio Club, Power HIIT, Pilates and Yoga.
- Strength is a customized class that focuses on muscle-building movements through a variety of functional lifts (pushing, pulling, and squatting), bodybuilding-type complexes, and accessory exercises. While there is occasionally a short conditioning element, class is primarily dedicated to performing strength blocks and getting in lots of repetitions. Strength class is a great way for athletes to increase lean muscle mass and complete their strength training at a measured pace under the supervision of a skilled coach.
- Barbell Buddies, our Olympic lifting class is designed to enhance an athlete’s technique and performance of the Snatch, Clean & Jerk, and their auxiliary lifts. Each session will provide technical coaching on a specific weightlifting skill with repeated drills and movements to form muscle memory. Training the Olympic lifts improves overall athletic performance, including strength, speed, power, balance, accuracy and coordination. This class is open to all levels and is an excellent way to level up your CrossFit game.
- Power HIIT (high intensity interval training) combines metabolic conditioning and strength training to improve cardiovascular endurance and stamina, using cardio implements (rower, bike, jump rope, runs) with primarily kettlebell and dumbbell exercises.
- Cardio Club is a community-oriented experience that focuses on improving rowing, biking, and running performance and training for specific times, distances, and goals.
- Pilates will provide core strengthening and full body lengthening while you do your 100s, roll like a ball, and perform teasers. Class includes a comprehensive Pilates warm-up, classic sequences, and target specific small-muscle exercises beneficial for all CrossFit athletes.
- Yoga classes are designed to feel better in body, mind, and spirit. Yoga Flow classes have a balanced combination on longer-held stretches and faster-moving sequencing, giving yogis a dynamic experience on the mat. Providing opportunities for both beginners and experienced yogis to expand their practice, this is powerful compliment for any CrossFitter’s recovery regiment.
A self-guided training time where athletes can utilize The Power House’s world-class facility to work through programming of their choice and do targeted work to reach their athletic goals. TPH staff will be present to assist each participant as required and ensure safety at all times. Athletes must adhere to all existing class protocols regarding space use, cleaning processes, and time limits.