Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serve quinoa for breakfast with this warm cinnamon quinoa breakfast bowl. Loaded with fresh fruit, cacao nibs and a maple syrup drizzle, this bowl is the perfect start to your day.
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 cup water
1 cup non-diary milk (I used unsweetened vanilla cashew milk)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 Tablespoons cacao nibs
2 Tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
2 cups chopped fresh fruit (bananas, pineapple, cantaloupe, blueberries, watermelon, honeydew and mango)
1) Rinse and drain quinoa.
2) Place water, almond milk and quinoa into a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
3) Reduce to a simmer, add cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt.
4) Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
5) Watch the pot carefully because it has a tendency to want to boil over.
6) Remove from heat and let pot sit, covered for 2-3 minutes.
7) Remove lid and fluff quinoa before portioning into two bowls.
8) Top with cacao nibs, fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup. You can also add additional milk if you want more moisture.