Ingredients for Salad
2 Tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
1 cup quinoa rinsed and drained
1 3/4 cups low sodium vegetable broth or water
1 cup canned corn drained
15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
1 red pepper chopped
4 green onions sliced
2 Tbsp minced cilantro
*Avocado and/ pineapple for serving
Ingredients for Lime Vinaigrette
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 Tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat 2 Tsp of olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2) Add garlic and saute until fragrant, stirring about 1 minute.
3) Add the quinoa and vegetable broth (or water) and bring to boil.
4) Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until liquid has been absorbed (12-16 minutes)
5) Remove from heat.
6) While cooking quinoa, prepare lime vinaigrette.
7) In a small bowl or jar, combine the vinaigrette ingredients.
8) Whisk or shake until blended.
9) Transfer cooked quinoa to a large bowl and stir in corn, black beans, bell pepper, green onions and cilantro.
10) Add the dressing and stir gently to combine.
11) Adjust seasoning as needed.
12) Serve warm or cold with guacamole, sliced avocado, or pineapple.
Note: Quinoa can be stored for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.