Summer Quinoa Salad Jars
Happy summer! It seems that summer can just fly by, and we sometimes run out of time in the day to create meals that are both yummy and super healthy. Never fear! Here’s a recipe that you can make in bulk, put in mason jars, and store in your fridge for that perfect on-the-go meal. This recipe makes 8 jar-meals. We found this from a healthy food blogger (pinchofyum.com) and thought that you would enjoy her quick, easy, and delicious recipe.
**Optional: For extra protein, grill up some chicken or shrimp and slice on top. To add some extra crunch, mix in some sunflower seeds.
Lemon Dill Dressing
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh lemon juice
- a handful of fresh dill
- a handful of fresh parsley
Summer Salad Jars
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 pints of grape tomatoes
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1-2 small jars of sun dried tomatoes or peppers
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Dressing: Blend all dressing ingredients together until smooth.
- Grains: Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Build Your Beautiful Jars: In each jar, layer a little bit of dressing, tomatoes, quinoa, cucumbers, sun dried peppers, and feta. Store sealed jars in the fridge up to 4 days! Perfect for that grab-and-go lunch for work.
- Serve: When you’re ready to serve, empty the jar into a bowl. Stir to combine.
Recipe from: https://pinchofyum.com/summer-quinoa-salad-jars