2018 has been a fun, wild, fantastic year! We are filled to the brim with gratefulness for our clients, members, co-workers, families and friends. Truthfully, this year would not have been amazing without you all. As we head into the new year, we wanted to take a moment to reflect on how far we’ve come and to let our community know how we are WINNING OUR LIVES!
- We acquired a second location! St. Louis Park has been a great addition to The Power House community. We have built so many lasting connections with all the members there already — they truly feel like family! We’ve also had events where both locations have come together, and those have been some of the best moments of the year.
- We launched our “Win Your Life” Series! Last December we hosted our first ever “Win Your Life Day”, which was followed by quarterly “Win Your life” events! In the Winter we had our goal-setting and yoga session, in the Summer we had our outdoor Track and Field Day, and this Fall we had a festive Halloween bash. Right now we are gearing up for our 2nd annual Win Your Life Day coming at you this February. Make sure to check back with us for more details. It will be an event you do not want to miss!
- We unveiled our new logo! This October we said goodbye to our old logo, and hello to a fresh new design. We have grown a lot over the past five years, and we were ready for a look that represented where we are now as a company, and where we are headed in the future. Our logo draws upon the pyramid, which is a major inspiration to The Power House philosophy of training. Like they say, your pyramid is only as tall as your base is wide, and we believe that is true in reference to daily habits and training.
- Our coaches got a number of new certifications! The Power House believes in constant improvement — It’s even one of our core values. Because of this The Power House gives each coach a stipend for continuing education each year, and with this stipend each coach can learn more about what they are passionate about! From CrossFit Level 1 & 2 to Functional Movement Screen to Precision Nutrition to speed an agility specific certifications, our coaches are continuing to learn and are sharing this knowledge with our entire community!
- We were featured in the CrossFit Journal for our work with the Pipe Trade Services of Minnesota. In collaboration with physicians, therapists and chiropractors, our coaches have become an integral part of the Pipe Trade Services wellness clinics. In just a short amount of time, our services have lowered neck-and back-related diagnoses, prevented and rehabilitated injuries and have empower people to improve their movement quality. CrossFit is moving toward functional health and wellness, and this is one of the amazing examples of how CrossFit and our services are changing lives!
- Our staff keeps growing! We kept all of the coaches after acquiring CrossFit St. Louis Park, in addition to hiring a marketing intern, Katelyn Petronack, and two front desk staff, Riley Lindstrom and Gina Fangel. We love all of our new additions, and are excited to watch our family continue to grow.
- We’ve CRUSHED competitions. From GameDay to Granite Games to now Wodapalooza, The Power House has had quite a few competitors, and all teams and individuals have kicked major butt. We are most noticeable for our quality movement and podium appearances :wink:. Congrats to everyone who has competed this year — you are an inspiration! Now let’s get ready to cheer on team #BoysAndLaCroixs as they take on Wodapalooza this January!
This year has been a blast. From every grueling WOD to every breath in Yoga, we are so thankful and appreciative and cannot express this gratitude enough. Cheers to 2018 and hello 2019! We hope to continue dreaming and changing the world. #WinYourLife