A fitness assessment is an excellent tool that can help anyone create a comprehensive training program that fits their needs. The Power House and Summit Orthopedics have partnered to provide fitness assessments to individuals at all levels – from professional athletes, to people looking to get into an exercise routine. Read on to learn more about what a fitness assessment entails and how you can benefit from getting one.
Who can Benefit from a Fitness Assessment?
A Fitness Assessment can benefit a wide range of individuals. Here are a few categories of people that may find the Fitness Assessment especially beneficial:
- Athletes. Any athletes or teams (from high school to college and beyond) who have goals specific to their sport can greatly benefit from a Fitness Assessment.
- Post-op Surgery Patients. An Assessment can significantly help patients recovering from surgery who want to improve their function beyond their physical therapy program.
- People Worried About a Previous Injury. A Fitness Assessment can help individuals who are committed to fitness but are worried about aggravating a past injury.
- People Who Don’t Know Where to Start. If you want to get started with an exercise routine but don’t know where to begin, a Fitness Assessment is a great starting place.
We may not be able to control every aspect of medical risks, but there are definitely preventative steps we can take to support better health. When we get our lifestyle choices right, we create some very powerful results. That is exactly what our Fitness Assessment is designed to do. It benefits people who are healthy and looking to become even healthier. This fitness review can support patient recovery following surgery. Finally, it is a wonderful resource for athletes training for a really ambitious goal. And an assessment is a great first step for sedentary people who want to change their quality of life for the better.
What to Expect During a Fitness Assessment
The Power House and Summit Orthopedics have developed a unique Fitness Assessment that can benefit people of all ages and fitness levels. Here are the four stages to our Fitness Assessment:
- Functional Movement Screen. Step one is to assess mobility and stability with a functional movement screen. This is an evaluation of 10 basic movements that help us understand your individual movement patterns and your ability to adapt to more complex movements.
- Complex Movement Screen. If the functional movement screen is sound, the next step is to incorporate some more complex movements. These may include squats, lunges, overhead press, and push-ups.
- Aerobic Capacity. The next phase tests your aerobic capacity by having you run on a treadmill, use a bike or elliptical machine.
- High Speed. The final phase examines complex movements at higher speeds. For example, we may have you perform complex movements with an extra load (such as a medicine ball). For athletes training in specific sports, this phase will tailor movements to that athlete’s sport.
Sign up for Your Fitness Assessment
Sign up for your Fitness Assessment today! We recommend our On-Ramp Express, a discounted assessment package of two 60-minute sessions. This option gives you great value and a full assessment. Two sessions provide you with an opportunity to walk through the recommended exercises with our guidance.