Hot plates are recipes/formulas for putting together meals that include protein, veggies and spices. The main ingredients can combined in many ways.
Ingredients Per Person
1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 minced onion (about 1/4 cup)
1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
3-6 ounces of cooked protein (Examples are chicken, beef, tofu, or legumes)
2 cups steam-sauteed veggies
salt and pepper to taste
Chop up your favorite veggies. Here are some ideas
Bell Pepper , Bok Choy, Brussels Sprouts, Brocolli, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery,
Chard. Collard Greens, Eggplant, Green Beans, Kale, Mustard Greens, Parsnips,
Turnip Greens, Yellow Squash, Zucchini
1) Wash your veggies under running water.
2) Cut or slice into desired shapes
3) Heat a large skillet over medium heat and toss the vegetables in the pan.
4) Cover with a lid and allow the water to soften the veggies a bit
5) Remove the lid and stir until the vegetables are softened but not completely cooked
6) Place each vegetable in its own container and store in fridge
Reheating the Veggies
1) When its time to eat, heat about 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil in skillet
2) Toss in partially cooked veggies and seasonings
Protein Idea: Grilled Chicken Thighs
Preheat a gas grill with all burners on high and the the lid closed for 10 minutes.
Place the chicken on a large platter or baking sheet in a single layer, smooth side facing up. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then add paprika,
flip chicken and season the other side
Place the chicken smooth side down on the heated grill and close the lid.
Cook 4-5 minutes
Flip and cook and additional 4 minutes with the lid closed.
No grill? No problem
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Follow seasoning instructions for grilling.
Then place the chicken in a single layer
Smooth side up in a large baking dish
Bake 30-35 minutes until juices run clear and the tops are well browned.
Serve on a bed of cauliflower rice, roasted spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles.