The following details reiterate the expectations for all visits to The Power House, and the protocol we will use to inform the community should there be reported cases of exposure.
Last Update: Monday, June 7th, 2021
In May, the CDC announced fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing masks. In light of this news, public officials in Minnesota have spoken on how this relates not only to the state, but also to the cities in which we operate in St. Paul, Minneapolis, Woodbury and St. Louis Park. With Executive Orders from Governor Walz lifting restrictions on businesses and after careful review, The Power House is allowing fully vaccinated members to workout in our facilities without a mask if they so wish. We ask that everyone continue to maintain 6 or more feet of social distance.
We urge and plead for all those in our community to receive vaccinations if they have not done so yet, and to wear a mask if they have not yet done so. We are fortunate to have vaccinations easily accessible in our state, and you can find one near you right now by visiting this website.
Thank you in advance to abiding by these rules. We look forward to working out with you soon and seeing your faces!
- Unvaccinated individuals continue to wear masks indoors.
- Completing the TPH Health Screen prior to each arrival.
- Self-monitoring for all signs and symptoms of illness.
- Maintaining 6 feet of distance between yourself and others at all time.
- Supporting and fulfilling the cleaning protocols while at the gym.
- Using best judgement and caution in personal behaviors that may lead to added risk of exposure and infection to others at the gym.
- Transparency with TPH staff regarding suspected or confirmed cases or exposure to COVID-19. Please email our Director of Operations, Ashley Stiles, to report. Anonymity of names will be maintained in all contract tracing and communications.
Main Points to Consider for Reducing COVID Spread:
- Receive a Covid-19 vaccine
- Wear a mask if unvaccinated
- Always maintain 6 feet of distance
- Wash/sanitize hands frequently
- Disinfect equipment thoroughly
- Athletes must exit the gym promptly after their workout ends
Procedure for a Confirmed Community Cases and Testing Best Practices:
- Plan for Notification: Information dictates that individuals with Covid-19 may be contagious 48-72 hours prior to the onset of symptoms and are most contagious 1-2 days of first displaying symptoms. Given that information, all known employees and members who came in contact (attended a class or private training session) with a suspected or confirmed individual with Covid-19 within the 72 hours prior to their onset of symptoms will be alerted and updated as information progresses. While we will not report any names of individuals, we can help narrow exposure to day and class time(s). Our goal is that with our efforts with mask-wearing and social distancing that we can prevent “close contact” exposure. Close Contact is specified by the CDC as:
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
- Gym Closure: Depending on the timeline we are informed, the gym may be shut down for 1 business day in order to provide an additional deep clean. Anyone signed up for classes during this time will be notified.
- Testing Protocols: COVID tests are most accurate if done 5-7 days upon known exposure. Please visit the CDC website for more information.
- Cleaning & Air Quality: All TPH spaces have top-end HVAC systems that exchange the air in the spaces every 12 minutes. Each space at Highland Park has its own HVAC system and the HVAC system at SLP was completely replaced in March. Our HEPA filters are regularly serviced and changed on a 12 week schedule. We use professional-grade Cintas products to disinfect equipment and communal spaces, and a deep cleaning is done by Cintas weekly, on top of our stringent daily and weekly internal protocols. In addition, each facility has a Forever Fog system for our high traffic areas that uses non-toxic cleaning agents to efficiently kill 99.999% of viruses and bacteria.
- Return to Gym Protocol: If positive for COVID-19, staff and members may return to the gym after 14 days of a positive test AND are symptom and fever free for at least 24 hours.
- If sense of smell or taste is lost, but the above statement is true you will be allowed to return as it may take weeks / months for that symptom to resolve.
- Our virtual class schedule is available for all athletes who are quarantined but able to exercise safely.