The following details reiterate the expectations for all visits to The Power House, and the protocol we will use to inform the community should there be reported cases of exposure.
Update Timestamp: Tuesday, March 1
Last week, the masks mandates in place in St. Paul and St. Louis Park expired. As such, The Power House will switch to a masks-optional policy for clients and staff, effective tomorrow, Tuesday, March 1st. We make this decision following updated masking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued on Feb. 25. Under the CDC guidance, people in counties labeled “low” or “medium” for COVID-19 levels may choose for themselves whether to wear a mask or not. All seven counties in the Twin Cities metro area are currently at the low or medium level. We will continue to provide ample distances between athletes, cleaning procedures, and air exchange flow, as well as send notifications regarding any exposures that may have taken place at the gym. Thanks so much for your cooperation as we navigate this next phase of the pandemic. We continue to be POWER HOUSE STRONG!!!
Update Timestamp: Wednesday January 5th
Thank you for your patience with our multiple email communications regarding COVID-19 protocols at the gym.
Declarations by Mayors Carter and Frey were released today reinstating mask mandates for all businesses whereas all individuals to wear a face covering indoors at all times when social distancing of at least 6 feet is not maintained, except for temporary removal of face covering when eating or drinking.
In accordance with this mandate, please be aware that starting tomorrow, Thursday January 6th, masks will be required at both Highland Park and St. Louis Park at any time that athletes are not actively working out or are unable to keep six feet of distance from another person, including entering and exiting the building or different spaces, using restrooms, getting equipment, etc.
Update Timestamp: Monday, January 3, 2022
Reminders of TPH precautionary measures:
- Highest level HVAC ventilation systems that provides air exchange every 12 minutes
- Social distancing by designating personal workout spaces
- Limit sharing of equipment and spaces
- Thorough sanitization processes
- Exposure notifications: Please be aware that we are still sending out an email regarding incidences of exposure. If you do not receive an email, you can rest assured that you were not in class or session with an individual who has recently tested positive. Thank you for everyone’s transparency in notifying us when the unfortunate situation arises that you have tested positive. Please email me at email@example.com for future reference.
- As a small business that relies on our professional coaches, we must consider our operational limits and protect our human resources. As a result, TPH staff are currently wearing a mask while coaching or working in the buildings. Athletes do not need to wear a mask, though we provide disposable masks at the door and recommend clients wear them when they are outside their personal workout space until the number of cases goes down in the Twin Cities area.
- If you have tested positive or have a known exposure, the following is the protocol we are following for returning to the gym.
Update Timestamp: Monday, October 29th, 2021
In May 2021, the CDC announced fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing masks. In light of this news, public officials in Minnesota have spoken on how this relates not only to the state, but also to the cities in which we operate in St. Paul, Minneapolis, and St. Louis Park. With Executive Orders from Governor Walz lifting restrictions on businesses and after careful review, The Power House is allowing fully vaccinated members to workout in our facilities without a mask if they so wish. We ask that everyone continue to maintain 6 or more feet of social distance. Please continue to wear a mask upon entering, exiting, and moving around the gym when you are outside your designated area.
Our expectation is full vaccination status to exercise mask-free, and boosters when you become eligible.
Thank you in advance to abiding by these rules. We look forward to working out with you soon and seeing your faces!
- Unvaccinated individuals continue to wear masks indoors.
- Wear a mask when outside your designated workout space.
- Completing the TPH Health Screen prior to each arrival.
- Self-monitoring for all signs and symptoms of illness.
- Maintaining 6 feet of distance between yourself and others at all time.
- Supporting and fulfilling the cleaning protocols while at the gym.
- Using best judgement and caution in personal behaviors that may lead to added risk of exposure and infection to others at the gym.
- Transparency with TPH staff regarding suspected or confirmed cases or exposure to COVID-19. Please email our Director of Operations, Ashley Stiles, to report. Anonymity of names will be maintained in all contract tracing and communications.
Main Points to Consider for Reducing COVID Spread:
- Receive a Covid-19 vaccine
- Wear a mask if unvaccinated
- Always maintain 6 feet of distance
- Wash/sanitize hands frequently
- Disinfect equipment thoroughly
- Athletes must exit the gym promptly after their workout ends
Procedure for a Confirmed Community Cases:
- Plan for Notification: We will notify anyone who has been in class with a known covid case within 48 hours of testing postive or the onset of symptoms. Our goal is that with our efforts with mask-wearing outside workout zones and social distancing that we can prevent “close contact” exposure and minimize risk of spread.
- Testing Protocols: COVID tests are most accurate if done 3-5 days upon known exposure. Please visit the CDC website for more information.
- Cleaning & Air Quality: All TPH spaces have top-end HVAC systems that exchange the air in the spaces every 12 minutes. Each space at Highland Park has its own HVAC system and the HVAC system at SLP was completely replaced in March. Our HEPA filters are regularly serviced and changed on a 12 week schedule. We use professional-grade Cintas products to disinfect equipment and communal spaces, and a deep cleaning is done by Cintas weekly, on top of our stringent daily and weekly internal protocols. In addition, each facility has a Forever Fog system for our high traffic areas that uses non-toxic cleaning agents to efficiently kill 99.999% of viruses and bacteria.
- Return to Gym Protocol: If positive for COVID-19, staff and members may return to the gym after 10 days of a positive test AND are symptom and fever free for at least 24 hours.